Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yard Sales, Room Makeover, and Snakes!

That's what we've been up to, yard sales, room makeover, and snakes. I decided to redo Ave's room, here's a sneak peak. I'll post more pics when I get all the wall decor up and get the chandelier (hopefully) up. It used to be baby girl pink. I wasn't sure about putting turquoise on all the walls, but I love how it turned out! I spent eight bucks on some material and made the curtains, I'm also making some to go at the head of her bed. That's her tutu hanging on the curtain rod. And don't you love my Martha-esque pompoms hanging from the ceiling!? I spent four bucks on some tissue paper at the dollar tree and made them! I'm going to hang more this week. (sorry the picture isn't so great, it was dark and there was a sleeping girl in there =)


See, told you there was a sleeping girl =) I got this antique bedroom suite from my dad, I'll post more pictures of it later, it's super cute! Would anyone like to guess what she is snuggled up to? anybody? anybody? Okay, I'll tell ya. it's a stick horse. yes, it is. I tried to slip it out of her hands and she held on tight. It was in the yard sale, and no one seemed to want it, so my mother took it to her house after the yard sale, along with Ave. Apparantly she slept with it at their house last night as well =) and just had to bring it back home with us when I went to pick her up today. guess she really loves the little guy.


Two of my sisters and I had a yard sale Saturday. bleh. apparently when there are 19 other garage sales going on in arkadelphia, no one wants to drive 5 miles out of town to come to ours. so, I still have "stuff" that I don't want. guess I'm making a another trip to the beehive this week.



Snakes. gross. nasty. hate them. On my way to Mother and Daddy's today, I ran over one. I bragged to Mother " I got to run over a big snake today!" Which leads to her asking if I've seen any around the house (we are surrounded by woods) I proudly say "nope!" fast forward to 10:30 this evening. We had just gotten home and I put Ave to bed. The dogs were barking their "Hey, we're FOR REAL barking this time!" bark. I grabbed my flashlight and go to check it out. To my horror, there is a copperhead standing, yes standing, striking at the ferocious barking dogs. I freaked out and called Mother and Daddy, I don't really know what I thought they could do from 60 miles away, but hey, whatever. So after hanging up with Mother, I decided to take her advice and whack it with a shovel. I went to get the shovel. I come back and my sweet Ella had the snake in her mouth, slinging from side to side! When she let go, I whacked it with the shovel. then I really chopped it up. cause I hate snakes. Here are some pics of the aftermath.

I hope this snake's friends saw what happen so that they know not to come around.


My poor baby's face! =( ( I thought Duke had gotten bitten too, but then I realized his head is always fat. no pics of him)


This just breaks my heart!


After calling mother and crying to her about Ella, and researching it, I'm pretty sure she's gonna be okay. I gave her some benadryl and she seems to be doing alright.

So, I'm going to bed, (probably to dream about snakes)!

Oh and when I got online to research the snakebite stuff, I clicked on Amber's blog and the first sentence is about a snake! c'mon snakes, leave me alone today!

5 comments:

Amber said...

First of all....yes! It was Little Italy! And you HAVE TO GO! It was the best stuff I've ever eaten. No joke. Just don't think about all the calories!! :)

Second of all....heart the turqouise walls! My poor rascally house is going to be forever doomed to blue, so I will live vicariously through you people with daughters and your ability to hang tissue paper pompoms from the ceiling and snazz out a room with tutus. A girl can dream.

Third of all....snakes. N to the A to the S to the T to the Y. And your poor sweet puppy. One of our dogs was bitten right on her nose by a copperhead. It swelled really big, but she was fine. The vet just gave her a pain killer. And props to you for whacking the sucker with a shovel. I'm not sure my shaking knees would have been able to stand the stress of it all.

And fourth of all....yard sales. Blech. We live WAY to far out for anyone to ever come where we live, so I always find an in-town friend to have a sale with. But, I've about decided that I don't think all the work for quarters and dollars is worth it. Beehive it is.

Hey....do you ever take Avery to the waterpark? We should meet up one day. We live there in the summer....

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

You know Beehive picks up? Just call them and they'll come get the stuff...much easier especially when you have a 6 family yard sale!

I've been working on my A's room for 2 yrs now...don't know if it will ever get done.

I saw all the signs for the yard sales out but didn't have it in me to drive out.

I hate snakes...I killed one in my garage last year it was all of a foot long...I'm impressed by your kill! Go girl!

I'm with Amber...the water park is the best!!!! We'll be out there too...usually if she's there I'm there!

Jessica said...

Umm, i never think about calories, that's my problem!!

and don't I remember a post where you dressed your littlest rascal in girl pants? you could just decorate his room all girly and convince him that's what all the cool kids are doing =)

and it was no easy thing to whack(isn't "whack" a fun word? i think i'm making it my word of the day) the snake. i was trying to hold a flashlight and don't think for a second my knees weren't shaking!I whacked and ran a few dozen times!

and yes after this yard sale, we all said no more! and stephanie, i'm definately calling the beehive this week to come pick that stuff up!

As for the waterpark, I have it rented from 6-8 on july 26th for her birthday party. I was waiting til then to take her so that it would be really exciting for her. You guys should bring your dudes and dudette then!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

I probably wouldn't take Avery. A is 4 and Tater Tot 5 and they both kept asking when it would be over. Plus after an experience like you had I probably wouldn't do it. We went to the 2D b/c it was cheaper. Also if you go to the first movie of the day it's cheaper. I do recommend it for you though even if you don't take Avery...it was great!

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

I just happened to notice that you left a comment on Amber's blog that you were about to head to SF on vacation. One of the blog moms that I read just returned from there, and so far has posted her first 2-3 days of fun activities. You might find some fun ideas from what she is writing...looks like they saw and did some neat things! Her site is joyfuljohnsons.blogspot.com in case you want to check it out!