Monday, June 15, 2009

Our little trip... Day 4

We started today at 5. that's am, not pm. And we drove across the Mojave Desert. it was really boring. really. It was pretty, but after four or five hours of the SAME scenery, one can only find so many ways to angle the camera to get different looking shots. Yes, I took lots of pictures of the land. a lot. After driving for what seemed like eternity and seeing no water (there were a couple times that I thought I saw bodies of water. I was informed that it was a dusty haze. I'm still not convinced), we arrived at Lake Mead. It is a beautiful place! (aside from all the trash at the lake's edge) We are camped right on the lake with a gorgeous view. Ave and Billy went swimming, I did not, but I did take pictures, and as soon as I get them on the computer, I will edit this post. Tomorrow, we plan to take a dam tour. A Hoover Dam tour. I'm excited! I really want to ask where I can get some dam bait =) Billy and Ave are asleep, they laid down to take a nap, but I think they're out for the night, and I'm bored! Here are some pics of sunrise on the Mojave...








I took this one as Billy ws washing the windshield, I think it's pretty neat.





That's it for now folks, stay tuned for scenes from the coming days!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!! Enjoy your trip!

Amber said...

Dam bait! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I would have been bored, too. No doubt.