Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Strawberry Bars are Pretty Great.

It was brought to my attention last week that maybe I don't do enough "cooking meals out of a cook book cooking" so starting Thursday, I pulled out some cook books and BHaG magazines and found some recipes. Thursday we had grilled orange marmalade and pineapple porkchops garnished with orange yogurt sauce and cashews.(well I had the yogurt sauce and cashews, someone else didn't want to try it) along with some red peppered honey glazed carrots and bananna pudding for dessert. It was yumm-o! Friday, we had parmesan stuffed chicken with melted strawberries, and I opened a can of green beans, because well, if one cooks a meal out of a recipe book, they're allowed to cheat and open a can. and once again, I was the only one to try the melted strawberries with my chicken, and might I say it was awesome! For dessert I made peanut butter strawberry bars

(and yes there is one missing). This just may be my new favorite dessert! They are soooo good! (and I won't go into all the glorious details about how many calories and fat grams are in them)

You also might want to know, that while making those delicious peanut butter strawberry bars, I had a near-death experience with my hand mixer. near-death experience for my kitchen that is. I was just happily mixing away when all of a sudden, one of the beaters flies across the kitchen! slinging peanut butter bar batter all over everything. my mixer is now in the trash and the kitchen is clean. at least i think it's clean, I'm sure I'm going to find a hidden glob of peanut butter bar batter somewhere.

and also, I signed Ave up to play soccer yesterday! I really hope she likes it, and I'm excited for her to get some interaction with other kids other than Marley Jane. and yes I know MJ is really a dog.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't cookbook cook either. Come to think of it, I don't cook at all.

Huh.

Anyway...those look delish!!

And it was so great to meet you yesterday!!! And Avery, too!!